Michelle Obama has wowed us on many occasions since the inception of Obama as the first African-American President of USA.
The fashion focus on the First lady’s wardrobe has not diminished. And with her many style supporters; Michelle has propelled designers including Peter Pilotto, Jason Wu, Isabel Toledo, Thakoon and St Erasmus into the limelight.
Her every look for every occasion shows that she’s got great taste when it comes to fashion.
Her style and fashion sense has made her outstanding amongst the First Ladies America has ever had.
Embracing expensive designer clothes has not been a problem for Michelle Obama the way it was for her predecessors.
She is a real fashionista, stunning and admirable at every glance. Her fashion sense has captivated the nation more than any other first lady in history. She’s got thousands of stunning pictures out there.
Here’s 15 Times Michelle Obama’s Fashion Sense Wowed Us
15. February 2009: President Barack and Michelle Obama were walking towards the East Room of the White House for entertainment following a dinner with the nation’s governors in the state dining room, in Washington, DC.
14. November 2009: at their first dinner with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, she wore a very fitting design from Indian-American designer Naeem Khan, who is now one of her firm favorites.
While the yellow hue isn’t one of the best we’ve seen on Mrs. Obama, her show-stopping earrings from Bochic complemented her look, allowing her to show off those toned arms and shoulders.
13. January 2009: First Lady Michelle Obama during President Obama’s first inauguration wore a white, one-shouldered Jason Wu creation, embroidered with crystals.
Mrs. Obama was the first lady since Nancy Reagan to wear a sleeveless gown to an inaugural ball.
12. May 19, 2010: Michelle Obama at the State House in Washington, DC; was wearing a shimmery blue gown by Peter Soronen for the State House dinner. She was among the top 10 best dressed at the dinner.
11. Dec 2, 2012: First Lady Michelle Obama glowed in a gold Michael Kors gown at the Kennedy Center Honors Reception at the White House in Washington, DC.
10. At the inaugural ball of President Obama in January 2013. Michelle appeared in this Ruby Chiffon and Velvet gown made by Jason Wu.
9. At the same inauguration ceremony, she appeared in a custom-made navy checkered coat by American designer Thom Browne with a bejeweled J. Crew belt and suede boots and she maintained the style and trends we’ve watched her develop over the years.
8. Dec. 7, 2014 at the Kennedy Centre Honors, First Lady Michelle Obama showed she clearly has a penchant for wearing gem-toned gowns to the Kennedy Centre Honors.
She appeared in this Monique Lhuillier’s gown. Monique Lhuillier stayed the course with its iridescent tinsel-like embellishments, sweetheart necklace and ethereal tulle overlay.
7. January 2015: First Lady Michelle Obama dashed in for the State of the Union (SOTU) address wearing a Michael Kors tweed Jacket. The piece as they said was nearly identical to one worn by Julianna Margulies while she played the popular lawyer Alicia Florrick on Season 5 of “The Good Wife”
6. 6th 2015 at the 38th Kennedy Centre Honors Ceremony, it appeared to be her most epic fashion moment as she wore an Oscar de la Renta gown.
The strapless sweet-heart gown perfectly accentuated her arms, while the hint of royal blue embroidery added a dazzling pop of color.
5. On Jan. 13, 2016, at the State of the Union Address, Michelle looked absolutely stunning in an orange Narcisco Rodriguez frock, standing out but still looking totally chic and appropriate at the major event for the first family.
4. In March 2016, at the Canadian State dinner 2016; it was the first state dinner of President Obama’s final year, the couple met Canada’s new leader Justin Trudeau. Once again, Michelle Obama proved how fashion-conscious she is by wearing a thigh-high slit trend with spring florals from one of her favorite labels Jason Wu.
3. On August 2, 2016, at the 12th White House State dinner, Michelle wows in white as President Obama honored the Prime Minister of Singapore Lee Hsien Loong and his wife Ho Ching.
Mrs. Obama chose Brandon Maxwell’s ivory column gown for the occasion, a tailored look that was vaguely reminiscent of Gaga’s dramatic Oscar red carpet pantsuit also by Maxwell. The first Lady wore her hair pinned back in a sleek updo, accessorizing simply with Butani Diamond earrings and white manicure.
2. On Sept. 17th, 2016, at the Phoenix award dinner, Michelle wowed in this dazzling Naeem Khan gown, though dreamy and princess-like with a sweetheart neckline, she complemented her black sandals and gemstone ring with a row of bangles by Bavna. These Bavna bangles really made her stand out at the annual Pheonix awards.
1. On October 18th 2016, at the final White House dinner, Michelle Obama pulled all the stops, making a show-stopping entrance in a custom rose gold Atelier Versace Chainmail gown with fitted bodice, drapery, and an asymmetric off-shoulder neckline, styled with Le Vian diamonds.